Skills/Trades Jobs Available
Find the position that’s right for you. Highlight your experience and background with your skill profile.
Norfolk Southern Corporation
Nine to five not your style?
Careers at Norfolk Southern offer good pay and benefits. They also offer challenging work - the kind you won't find in most 9-5 jobs. Join our team today in Columbus, GA in this immediate opening:
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Starting at 8am sharp. Be prepared to stay all day.
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbus
5351 Sidney Simons Blvd
Columbus, GA 31904
If you are interested and qualified, please apply in person at our Recruiting Session. We look forward to seeing you there!
NORFOLK SOUTHERN CORPORATIONApply!
Hiring now: Norfolk Southern Corporation
Fitzgerald Fruit Farms, LLC
- Orchard Workers
Fitzgerald Fruit Farms, LLC, Manchester, GA is now hiring 15 temporary Orchard Workers to work in Meriwether and Talbot Counties, GA from 4/1/2014 to 9/10/2014. Hourly wage of $10.00 or piece rates ranging from $0.15 per peach tree to prune or thin to $0.45 per 5/8 bushel to harvest peaches, whichever is higher.
- Perform manual labor to thin, harvest, grade, and pack peaches.
- Perform ongoing peach orchard maintenance including pruning using ladders and shears. Work outside in inclement weather conditions including extremely hot (up to 100 degrees) and/or wet weather for extensive periods of time
- Perform prolonged walking, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs and stacking 35 lb boxes over head
- Climb 8 ft ladders and reach over head for extended periods of time.
Three months of orchard work experience required. Three quarters of an average of 40 hrs./wk guaranteed.
Tools, supplies, and equipment provided at no cost. Housing provided at no cost if outside commuting area. If applicable, transportation and subsistence expense to the job will be paid upon completion of 50% of the employment period, or earlier.
Apply for this job at the nearest office of the SWA in the state in which this ad appeared or contact the Workforce Development Center
104 North Center Street
Thomaston, GA 30286,
(706) 648-9178, JO# GA8155455.Apply!
Hiring now: Fitzgerald Fruit Farms, LLC
- Construction Laborers
Blackwell's, Inc. needs 2 temp. Construction Laborers.
Starting 02/15/2015 through 12/15/2015.
Workers will work throughout Troup and Muscogee Counties in Georgia. Worker will clean work areas of all debris and dust using brooms, mops and vacuum before, during and after jobs. No exp or education required. Must undergo pre-employment Criminal Background, Drug Screening and Random Drug Screening at employer's expense. This is a Temporary Full Time First Shift Job. Transportation provided from Central Location to job site. Salary $12.04 per hour. 40 hrs/wk, M-F, 7:00AM-4:00PM.
Please fax a job application or resume to 706-883-7236 or
e-mail to Clint@Blackwells-Inc.com Attn: Clint Greathouse, HR/Safety Coordinator.
Refer to Job Order No. GA 8255752.Apply!
Blackwell’s Inc. has provided services to industry for over a quarter of a century. This brief will give you a general view of the services we provide. Please visit the individual pages for more information about our industrial cleaning and other great services. If a particular need or question you may have is not addressed, please give us a call.
We have the specialized cleaning equipment and trained associates to service:
- Cooling Towers
- Storage tanks and bins
- Production machinery and processing equipment
- Confined workplaces
Rapidly becoming the favorite for finishing Industrial and Manufacturing concrete floors, we can give your floors a highly reflective and attractive appearance, while lowering the maintenance on the floors.
Grinding and polishing a concrete floor is a time consuming, labor intensive and physically aggressive process, but our floor polishers will leave your jobsite knowing that you are pleased with the marble-like appearance of your concrete floor.
Concrete Floor CoatingsAnchor
Coated floors are known for their chemical resistance, their wear durability, and their beauty. Concrete floor coatings are ideal for:
- Industrial facilities
- Electrostatic dissipative floors
- Automotive shops
- Rest rooms and shower stalls
Blackwell’s Inc. can protect your concrete with chemical and abrasion resistant coatings that will beautify and extend the life of the concrete.
Concrete floors are not immune to damage. Forklifts and other heavy equipment can cause damage to concrete surfaces, as well as:
- General wear and tear
- Harsh chemicals
- Thermal shock
- Poor construction
We can breathe new life into your old concrete.
Dry Ice BlastingAnchor
Blackwell’s Inc. has cleaned industrial facilities since 1982 and we know the benefits of using frozen CO2 (dry ice) for cleaning . . . it’s faster and more cost effective. We can clean in tight places, with precision, and with no chemicals. And because it is dry ice, there is no residue or secondary waste to remove.
Dry ice blasting is EPA, FDA, and USDA approved for cleaning food processing equipment.
- Industrial Cleaning
- Concrete Polishing
- Concrete Floor Coating
- Concrete Repair
- Dry Ice Blasting
Columbia Residential was established in 1991 when we saw the necessity for quality affordable housing that fulfills the needs of our residents and also enhances the aesthetic standards of the community. In 1996, we formed Columbia Residential Management to handle the long-term, on-site management of our properties while providing our residents with remarkable service. We then created Columbia Residential Construction Services in 1997 to manage the construction of our developments and ensure that every unit is delivered with only the highest level of quality.
Columbia Residential is an integrated development company, comprising master planning, development, project management, construction management, and property management disciplines. We search for locations that are underserved by the affordable housing industry and employ experienced vendors to bring our ideas to life with inspired, purposeful architectural design; sustainable, innovative construction; and a sincere commitment to the community, its surrounding neighborhood, and most importantly, our residents.
Since our inception, we have won more national awards for architectural excellence than any other affordable housing provider. We have achieved this by assembling a team of experienced, dedicated professionals who seek excellence as the standard for themselves, our projects, and our company.
Columbia Residential offers a full range of real estate investment capabilities and services. Our experience covers the entire spectrum of residential housing with a particular focus on multifamily and senior housing properties. We engage local entities such as non-profit organizations, community development corporations, financial institutions, governmental bodies, and public housing authorities, to partner with us in our endeavors, facilitating a spirit of community support and mutual respect.
The combination of these elements allows Columbia Residential to offer the finest in residential living. Our goal is to be the first–and only–company that people turn to when they consider affordable housing. It’s time to change the face of affordable housing, and Columbia Residential is doing just that, one community at a time.
Our LaGrange, GA facility has 2 maintenance positions available:
Electrician on 2nd shift w/hours of 3 pm - 11 pm, Job #10870
- Troubleshoot electrical systems
- Up-grade electrical devices and equipment as well as general plant facilities
- Estimate & procure part
- Modify and install electrical equipment
- Usage of Multi-meter, Am probe, and Meger
- Lifting up to 40 lbs
- Working overtime which includes week-ends
- • HS diploma or a GED
- • 3 - 5 years' experience in the electrical craft with some electronics preferred
- • Good communication skills, verbal and written
- • Success in meeting license requirements for powered industrial trucks
- • Valid driver's license and a clean driving history report
- • Familiar with electrical systems including PLC, DC/AC drives, motors, HVAC, and power
- • Be familiar with running conduit up to 1” rigid/EMT
Mechanic on 2nd shift w/hours of 3 pm - 11 pm, Job #10874
- Build various dies for production equipment
- Trouble shoot mechanical systems
- Up-grading mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintain and support air pollution equipment as well as general plant facilities
- Lifting up to 40 lbs
- Daily climbing of ladders and stairs
- Working overtime which includes week-ends
- HS diploma or a GED
- Training and experience in the mechanical craft
- Familiarity with systems such as HVAC, pumps, boilers, gearboxes, buildings, and other drive systems
- Ability to pass the following training: Lift Truck, Scissor Lift, JLG
- Basic Ladder Logic/schematic blueprint reading
- Welding fabrication experience with Mig and Arc
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving history report
- Technical school certificate
- Skill in basic electrical (de-energized) procedures
- Welding fabrication experience with Tig, Aluminum, and Stainless
- Machinist skills - Lathe, Milling
- Cutting skills using oxyacetylene and plasma torches
Apply on-line at www.interfaceglobalcareers.comApply!
An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled
Hiring now: Interface Flooring
- LaGrangeLaGrange, GA
Confidential Company #31
Earn Extra Money
Deliver the YP Real Yellow Pages
Columbus, GA Area
FT/PT, Daily work, get paid in 72hrs
Must be 18 or older, have driver's license and insured vehicle
- Call (800) 422-1955 Mon-Fri, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or log onto www.phonebookdelivery.info
Mention “Columbus” Help
Hiring now: YELLOW BOOK